David C. Moore
Dave Moore knows that municipalities, schools and businesses all share a priority: they want to operate efficiently, cost-effectively and lawfully. Offering them the benefit of four decades of experience, Dave serves as a key adviser and lawyer for clients in both the public and the private sectors. In his practice he has built longstanding trusting relationships with clients, who rely on his legal knowledge and understanding of the law as it works in the local context.
As a trial lawyer with a business and municipal law background, Dave understands the interrelationship of government and business, and applies his experience in contract and land use law to working in the court system.
As a former managing partner, Dave is proud of his role in helping make Nowlan &Nowlan Rock County’s premier law firm. He is a former President of the Rock County Bar Association, and currently serves as a Rock County Court Commissioner. He holds degrees from the University of Wisconsin Law School and Luther College.
Dave serves on the board of directors and the executive committee of the Family YMCA of Northern Rock County and the Ethics Committee at SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital Janesville. He also serves as the Synod Attorney for the South-Central Synod of Wisconsin of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Dave has previously served on the board of Rock-Walworth Comprehensive Family Services, which is Rock and Walworth County’s Head Start provider. He is a member of the James E. Doyle American Inn of Court, the Wisconsin Towns Association and the Wisconsin School Attorneys Association.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 1978
- Luther College, B.A., 1975
- State of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- State and Federal Court Relief from Licensing and Permit Decisions Wisconsin Town Law Conference August 10, 2018