Evan B. Tenebruso
After more than a decade of representing big insurance companies, Evan switched gears to focus 100% on helping people who need him most - those who are injured through no fault of their own. He is a skilled trial lawyer who cares deeply about his clients and their families.
At a young age, Evan learned the values of persistence and hard work, often assisting his father’s woodworking business and working side-by-side with his grandfather on a poultry farm. Shortly after high school, he married Holly and they started their own family. In order to support his family, throughout undergraduate and law school at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, he worked 40-50 hours per week at Perkins Restaurant while also attending school full-time.
While many cases are settled before trial, Evan believes that his clients will get the best outcome if he is ready and eager to present the case to a jury. He is an experienced trial lawyer, with a track record of winning jury trials on a variety of claims. This includes wrongful death and personal injury cases resulting from car crashes and premises liability (such as slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall cases). He has also handled many cases involving construction-site accidents, construction defects, insurance coverage issues, insurance bad faith, and the negligence of insurance agents.
In addition to extensive trial experience, Evan has also prevailed on appeals to the Wisconsin Court of Appeals and the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Evan is a member of the Rock County Bar Association, and has been recognized by the Wisconsin Pro Bono Honor Society. Through Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS), he has regularly provided free representation to victims of domestic abuse. In addition, he has handled pro bono jury trials at the request of judges at the federal courthouse in Madison.
Evan stays physically active by playing and coaching basketball. He has been a volunteer coach for youth basketball teams, including for the Youth Basketball Association in Sun Prairie.
- Presenter, “Deposition Strategies for Effectively Defending Lawsuits,” Wisconsin Defense Counsel Seminar, Summer 2019
- Presenter, “A Primer on Emergency Vehicle Immunity with Practice Tips,” Wisconsin Defense Counsel Seminar, December 2017
- Authored portions of the Torts Chapter for the 2015 and 2016 editions of the Annual Survey of Wisconsin Law
- Presenter, “I Say Spoliation - Advising Clients on Duty to Preserve Evidence,” Corporation Counsel and Defense Counsel Forum, Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation, 2016
- Author, “Watertown Regional Medical Center, Inc. v. General Casualty Insurance Co.: Beware of the Hospital Lien,” Wisconsin Defense Counsel Journal, Spring 2015
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
- Wisconsin Association for Justice
- Rock County Bar Association
- Personal Injury Law
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Bad Faith
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School
- Moot Court Competitor and Coach
- Judicial Intern, Justice N. Patrick Crooks, Wisconsin Supreme Court
- Student Practice Intern, Dodge County District Attorney’s Office
- B.S., History, Political Science, Legal Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Louis Hirsig Scholar, Madison Rotary Foundation
- Writing Fellow, UW-Madison Writing Center
- Wisconsin State Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Wisconsin Pro Bono Honor Society
- Up and Coming Lawyer, Wisconsin Law Journal, 2017
- Listed in Best Lawyers®: Ones to Watch (2021-2023)