Kayla K. Hiller
Attorney Kayla Hiller has enjoyed a diverse practice at Nowlan for nearly thirty years, encompassing:
Estate & Business Succession Planning
Kayla is skilled in preparing wills and trusts for individuals and families of every size and means. She is specially adept at finding solutions for high-net-worth individuals and business owners who are looking to leave a legacy. She customizes these solutions to the needs of each situation.
Probate & Trust Administration
With empathy and compassion, Kayla counsels families through challenging and emotional times after the loss of a loved one. She also has executed multimillion dollar complex, disputed trust administration matters.
Real Estate & Business Transactions
Kayla is proficient at real estate and business transactional matters, which includes the drafting and review of contracts and agreements. She is seasoned at managing matters for banks and financial institutions.
More About Kayla
While Kayla is experienced at handling large caseloads, her attention to detail and personalized service provides her clients with reliable and exemplary legal outcomes. Kayla is solution-oriented, as she proactively anticipates and addresses potential pitfalls. The results is trustworthy legal advice that protects her clients and gives them peace of mind.
Prior to her career in law, Kayla served as a Community Economic Development Planner in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. While in law school, she served as Managing Editor of the Wisconsin Law Review.
Kayla is a past President of Rock County Bar Association and is deeply dedicated to the community, serving on numerous boards and volunteering on behalf of a variety of nonprofit organizations.
Kayla is also committed to pro bono service. During the Covid-19 pandemic, Kayla developed and facilitated a program to help Rock County residents prepare and execute essential health care legal documents free of charge.
- “The Family Love Letter – Estate Planning Workshop,” sponsorship by Beloit Health System, co-presented with Life Circle, September 2015, October 2016, October 2017, and April 2018
- “The Importance of Having a Plan,” presented to Beloit Property Managers Association, April 2016
- "Preparing For Your Future – Wills And Estate Planning,” Professional Development in Service Day, Blackhawk Technical College, January 2016
- “Financially Fit – a Two-Part Series on Wills & Estate Planning,” presented to Rock Prairie Presbyterian Church, May 2011
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 1997
- University of South Dakota, B.A., cumlaude, 1992
- State of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Recognized for leadership as Chairperson of the City of Janesville Community Development Authority